The facility was founded March 2003, we are located at 1700 West 63rd Street in the West Englewood community serving approximately over 50+ families; providing before & afterschool care, hot nutritional meals, striving to maximize social learning, and creative skills. We currently partnership with Henry Booth House, providing Head Start and Early Head Start services to children and families enrolled in our program. Our Head Start delegate agent provides a comprehensive child development program tailored to meet the cognitive, social, emotional and physical needs of children birth through five years of age. With the support of our Head Start agency, Kiddie Steps 4 You Learning Center can render comprehensive, high-quality early care services; educational and support services, including access to health screenings, referrals and follow-up support, parenting resources, and social services. Kiddie Steps 4 You Learning Center has a vested interest in providing High-quality care to families in the West Englewood community. Our ongoing goal is to get our children ready for school and ready for life in a safe, secure and nurturing preschool setting. Henry Booth House also supports families as they identify and meet their own goals, nurture the development of their children, and advocate for communities that are supportive of children and families of all cultures. The building of trusting, collaborative relationships between parents and staff allows us to cultivate an environment where we can share information and learn from one another.
The director holds a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and works alongside teaching staff who are dedicated to professional excellence, and understands continuous quality improvement. All teaching staff holds an A.A. in Early Childhood Education and have been rated using the CLASS assessment tool. (CLASS)- an observation instrument developed to assess classroom quality in preschool through third-grade classrooms.
Why is your company passionate about its services?
Our mission is to provide a loving, friendly environment; both to children and their families. We want to promote ways and new adventures that will help children develop skills to help meet developmental and emotional needs. We would like to offer children the opportunity to grow and develop in an atmosphere that’s conductive to an early childhood learning environment. The facility has a strong commitment to accessibility and diversity.Our open-door policy embraces all who desire to have a better quality of care, preparedness and education for their children
The facility works to provide affordable, first-class care giving and education by providing a broad range of integrated programs and services and innovative learning approaches. The community has a great need for high quality childcare services. Kiddie Steps 4 You understands the importance of providing an environment and experiences that are safe, healthy and stimulating for children.
How has your business demonstrated success over adversity?
The facility competes well in our market by offering competitive prices, high-quality childcare services, and leading educational programs with certified, college-educated instructors, and by maintaining an excellent reputation with parents and the community in which we serve.
How do you see your business evolving in the future?
Kiddie Steps 4 You Learning Center, will be using the CLASS Assessment Scoring System, an observational tool that measures the quality of teacher-student interactions. The CLASS objectively identifies and assesses different dimensions of classroom interactions that make a difference in the children’s learning.
The CLASS identifies key behavioral interactions on ten dimensions across three board domains (Emotional Support, Classroom Organization, and Instructional Support). Quality of child care services, availability of care during non-traditional work hours, teacher qualifications and reputation are crucial success factors in the child care services industry. Kiddie Steps 4 You Learning Center will compete well in our market by offering high-quality child care services, open availability, and leading edge educational programs with certified, college-educated teachers, and by maintaining an excellent reputation with parents and the community in which we serve.
One, short sentence to define your business’ motivation:
We are passionate about working with young children and their families and one who aims to provide children the opportunity to grow and develop in an atmosphere that’s conducive to a High Quality Early Childhood program.
Comma-separated list of your business’ values:
- Promote learning that is child-centered and active provide learning activities on the developmental levels of the children.
- Have activities that are relevant to the children in the program. Offer a variety of hands-on learning activities and materials in learning centers. Provide learning experiences that corresponds to the interest of the children and include conversations and interactions between the children and adults throughout the day.
- We would like to offer your child/children the opportunity to grow and develop in an atmosphere that’s conducive to a High Quality Early Childhood Program.
- We aim to support the education of children with disabilities alongside their non-disabled peers rather than separately.
- WE want to provide a loving, friendly environment; both too parents, children and the communities WE serve.
- WE want to promote ways and new adventures that will help children to develop skills to help meet their developmental and emotional needs in the least restrictive & natural environment!
- WE want to promote experiences for children with & without disabilities & their families include a sense of belonging & membership, positive social relationships & friendships, & developmental & learning to reach their full Potential.
- We believe children’s learning and development is complex and on-going therefore, we regularly review our curricula practices.
- We believe a child’s early experiences enrich and stimulate future growth. Children deserve to be treated and respected as individuals in an environment that welcomes reason, exploration, question, and imagination.
- We respect each child’s need for love, security, acceptance, warmth, and stimulation.