The participants will have the opportunity to grow their own foods. Our greenhouse is filled with a variety of FRESH fruits and vegetables.
Each student will be given the opportunity to start their own GARDEN!!!!
The Gardening Program will provide the children with the following: soil, fruit & vegetable seeds, gardening tools etc.
Benefits of Gardening
- Gardening helps children learn valuable lessons about patience as they wait for vegetables to grow.
- Gardening teaches children responsibility as they see how necessary their care is to the garden and even loss when flowers die at the end of a season.
- Children learn about nurturing a life and what it takes to keep something alive.
- Gardening has an exercise component as well. Children physically work in the garden.
- Families learn to work together and share.
- Gardening helps build a child’s senses.
- One of the most important things about gardening is understanding where food comes from. Young children are fascinated in seeing food when it’s pulled from the ground, and they notice the similarities and differences from their garden vegetables and produce from the grocery store.